Sunday, September 21, 2008

-- Medan Trip Day 1 --

Last month, my family & I went for a trip in Medan to pay a visit to our relatives. It was such an enjoyable trip and we were able to meet up with several relatives during our trips. Many of my friends are wondering how could I have relatives in Medan, Indonesia, yet I am a Malaysian? The reason was because my mom's grandpa married his second wife who was an Indonesian and there's how our relationship came from. Somehow, I was quite proud to have relatives there as they are so friendly and down-to-earth all the while though some of them are pretty rich. :-P

This is my grandaunt's restaurant and they are selling Nasi Padang. It was newly renovated and built last two years and they had just shifted to this new shop not long ago. The more impresssive thing will be the upper level of this restaurant is actually a nicely design bungalow and my family and I stayed there for two nights.

If you can't find the shop, you will see this signboard right before you reach the restaurant. Hehe.

My grandaunt's great variety of Nasi Padang. It was the famous Nasi Padang Restaurant in Bandar Baru and you normally have to queue up for seats during public holiday.

Toba Cove. We spent FOUR hours to travel from Bandar Baru to this place and unfortunately it was raining and we couldn't really walk around. So, we ended up buying souvenirs there.

The facilities available in Niagara Hotel, the hotel which we visited when we went up to Toba Cove.

Look at the overall living room in the bungalow, isn't it a luxurous design?

A beautiful yellow flowers as another decoration at a corner of the living room, just nice for it!

This is just like an ancient clock and it's very unique. Note there's a OSIM uSqueeze machine beside the clock. Haha~

The next update will be soon available...

No comments: